We are seeking an experienced and talented Communications Officer to join our team on a permanent full-time basis, based in our new office. As a Sporting Association Communications Officer, you’ll produce engaging, high-quality and reader-centric content for our Association, including developing communications and media campaigns, publications, and organising special events.Role Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, manage, and evaluate communication and marketing strategies and plans to ensure awareness and understanding of key messages and impacts for target audiences.
- Research, write and self-edit high-quality and engaging articles for digital and print channels.
- Work in close conjunction with team members to assist in delivering relevant strategies and day-to-day operations.
- Ensure communication of our members comply with the Associations' policies, public image and objectives.
- Generate content leads relevant to the Associations' public image and objectives.
- Proactively collaborate with management in clarifying briefs and respond to feedback.
- Produce written templates.
- Build a good understanding of media news cycles and key media contacts in the print, electronic and digital areas for rural and metropolitan media outlets.
- Build and maintain the Associations' presence on social media platforms.
- Manage and produce content for the Associations' web page, e-magazine and regular emails.
- Develop, engage and implement marketing and membership growth strategies.
- Assist in organising and attend events.
- Graphic design.
- Edit submissions and other material at a high level.
- Review relevant current systems and recommend changes to management.
- Prepare material for presentations.
- Visit operational sites from time to time.
- Prepare short videos.
- Other duties as required.
- Some travel is required.
- Excellent communications skills, including highly developed writing, editing and content proofing skills.
- Strong ability to translate technical information into plain English.
- High attention to details and ability to deliver communication and marketing projects on time.
- Experience in website management and Adobe platforms along with demonstrated graphic design skills are highly favoured.
- Ideally, a strong understanding of Australia's and NSW Firearms industry and the shooting sports.
- The ability to engage with members and key stakeholders at a professional level.
Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in communications or a related discipline.