BRISBANE based – Melbourne or Canberra considered
NIOA is Australasia’s leading Prime Contractor for weapons, munitions and related products servicing the Defence, Law Enforcement and commercial markets and has established munitions manufacturing operations in Maryborough Queensland and Benalla, Victoria. We are experiencing significant growth and are currently looking for a Product Manager of Firearms to manage the product lifecycle and new product development strategy.
The Product Manager builds and executes a strategy to expand NIOA’s Firearms manufacturing business for a family of firearms or related products. In this role, the Product Manager owns the lifecycle management and the product roadmap of an assigned group of products to drive New Product Strength within the organisation and to grow sales both domestically and overseas (USA). The Product Manager will craft the vision, drive innovation, and set the course for NIOA’s next generation of firearms. They will be responsible for defining new market opportunities and growing the business to meet the strategic goals of the company. They will be charged with delivering financial projections, product forecasts, New Product Introduction deliverables and product line strategic planning.
- Creates and owns the roadmap for assigned products and the activation of new projects to include business cases, requirements creation, and a recommendation of prioritisation to achieve NIOA’s sales, business, and growth objectives.
- Product line annual revenue, Sales forecast, and margin targets.
- Ensuring firearms are designed, manufactured and delivered in a cost efficient and sustainable manner.
- Be the voice of the customer to the entire organisation.
- Inventory management (review and execution of old or slow-moving inventory).
- Collects input from customers, end users, subject matter experts, and internal stakeholders to write actionable product requirement documents used for the development of new products by the engineering design team(s).
- Represents the customer and end user to New Product Development teams for assigned product(s) through feedback from sales and marketing and consumer research.
- Works cross-functionally with sales (including overseas Sales channels), marketing, finance, engineering, quality, manufacturing, logistics, procurement, and service as needed to support execution of active projects.
- Ownership over strategic launch schedule, produce detailed release plans and control release scope for products.
- Builds business cases to execute new opportunities and presents them to executive leadership for investment and project activation.
- Sales and Marketing product support and coordination (tradeshows, key customer presentations, new product training).
- Write and maintain Marketing strategic plans and maintain competitive pricing matrices.
- Annual Catalogue and Price list production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and qualifications
Five + years’ experience as a Product Manager preferably for the firearms or manufacturing sector.
Proven experience successfully managing product manufacture and growth.
Bachelor, Post Graduate Business or Marketing Degree considered highly desirable.
- Courteous, with high levels of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Positive and collaborative team player.
- High attention to detail.
- Flexibility with taskings outside of area of expertise and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Firearms Licence or ability to obtain one.
NEGATIVE VETTING 1 security clearance, or the ability to maintain one.
Courteous, with high levels of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
Positive and collaborative team player.
- Email Cover Letter and CV to HR@nioa.com.au “ATT Product Manager – Firearms”