NIOA is a 100% Australian Prime Contractor specialising in the provision and support of weapon systems and integrated soldier systems focussing on close combat, special operations, direct fire, in-direct fire, target recognition/identification, suppression and neutralisation, training and force protection. We supply and support a wide array of Small Arms, Medium Calibre and Large Calibre Munitions
This role will coordinate and oversee the planning and organisation of the firearms manufacturing production process, ensure availability of necessary material, equipment, quality and labour resources that are required for manufacturing firearms and components.Role Responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of a firearms manufacturing operational & organisational structure including but not limited to, ERP, procurement, HR, controlling, equipment, quality, workflow planning, maintenance, etc.
- Overseeing the recruitment of resources and ramp up structure required to support manufacturing operations.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions. Overseeing the establishment of training curriculum and the implementation thereof for equipment and machinery operation and maintenance, facilitate through HR L&D.
- Establish and implement continuous improvement of the plant organisation and personnel structure in terms of productivity and efficiency, including workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Calculation of manufacturing costs for each production step and establish continuous improvement strategies though use of the ERP program (Pronto).
- Ensure Lean production methods are implemented in the production and maintenance operating model.
- Implementation of a KPI structure to control the plant performance & identify countermeasures.
- Responsible for compliance with legal and statutory requirements in day-to-day operations.
- Monitoring of quality assurance, product configuration build state and participation in internal and external quality audits in collaboration with the Quality Assurance/Engineering functions.
- Work closely with the Capability Development Manager to set and/or implement policies, Procedures, and Systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Work closely with sales functions to implement product roadmaps in accordance with the agreed sales strategy.
- Compliance with the OH&S (occupational health and safety) requirements, participation in OH&S audits in collaboration with the Compliance function, and run a safe, injury/accident-free workplace.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and operational management.
- Strong record of successfully delivering projects proven track record of forming, managing and leading successful and dedicated teams.
- Relevant business and/or manufacturing management qualification (Master’s Degree Manufacturing Engineering & Production desirable).
- Various certifications in relevant Lean manufacturing techniques and cost reduction systems.
- Experience in using an Enterprise Resource Planning System (eg PRONTO or similar) to conduct manufacturing operations.
- Firearms Licence, or the ability to attain one.
- Driver’s Licence.
- BASELINE/NEGATIVE VETTING 1 security clearance, or the ability to maintain one.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing work environments and requirements.