NIOA is a 100% Australian Prime Contractor specialising in the provision and support of weapon systems and integrated soldier systems focussing on close combat, special operations, direct fire, in-direct fire, target recognition/identification, suppression and neutralisation, training and force protection. We supply and support a wide array of Small Arms, Medium Calibre and Large Calibre Munitions, Special Function Grenades and Pyrotechnics, and leading edge pistol systems, small arms, sighting systems and carriage solutions. NIOA prides itself on providing complete system solutions inclusive of through life support to our Defence and Law Enforcement customers.
About the role
The purpose of this entry level role is to receive, store, and distribute stock, equipment, and other products as required by the Warehouse Manager. As the Junior Store Person you will be undertaking works in connection with the receipt and dispatch of goods, picking, packing customer orders and general stock control. For the Junior Store Person role, although experience is desirable it is not essential as full training is provided.
- Read customer orders, to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed;
- Assembles customer orders from stock and conveys orders to packing station;
- Wraps and packs customer orders for distribution;
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas;
- Sorts and places stock on shelves according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, colour, product location code;
- Marks materials with identifying information;
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers;
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards;
- Use of computer to enter records;
- Maintain inventory records;
- Open bales, crates and other containers;
- Keeping the workplace clean and tidy;
- Helping with customs inspections;
- Maintenance within the facility;
- Other duties as directed.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school education; or related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Computer/Scanner aptitude;
- Understanding and experience with standard warehousing practices;
- Problem solving and fault-finding abilities;
- Knowledge and application of industrial and personal safety behaviour.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Safety focused;
- Works well independently or in a team;
- Reliable and punctual;
- Positive attitude towards work and colleagues;
- Willingness to learn new skills;
- Motivated to achieve team outcomes;
- Ability to work at times in a highly pressurised busy environment;
- Accuracy in all aspects of warehousing;
- High level of integrity.
- Firearms Licence (Or ability to obtain. This is run in-house if successful for role).
- Police Check.
- Open or P plate Driver’s Licence (Minimal public transport in area)
- Base line Security Clearance, or the ability to maintain one (Require Australian citizenship-This is organised by NIOA if successful for the role)