NIOA is a family-owned global munitions company. The NIOA Group of companies includes NIOA Australia, NIOA New Zealand, the Australian Missile Corporation, Barrett Firearms (USA) and joint venture company, Rheinmetall NIOA Munitions.
As the Group Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager for the NIOA Group you will be responsible for the management of HSE systems, assurance, leadership and promotion of a positive HSE performance and culture across the organisation.
You will report to the Group Human Resources Manager and also be responsible for building capability and capacity across all teams and providing information, guidance and advice to support the safety strategic direction of the organisation.Role Responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice on policies, standards and procedures in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) legislative requirements.
- Ensure risk assessments, procedural development and internal incident investigations are conducted across the NIOA Group.
- Drive continual improvement of the Health & Safety and Environmental Management systems to ensure reduction of risk across the NIOA Group and ongoing Certification to ISO45001 and ISO14001 for specified locations.
- Ensure internal audits are conducted on HSE processes and systems, in line with audit schedules.
- Ensure HSE processes are developed, implemented, and followed by the NIOA Group.
- Ensure resources are available to provide support to Engineering and Program Management for development of HSE Management plans and risk assessments specific to program needs.
- Develop accurate and timely HSE reporting metrics for the NIOA Group.
- Positively promote and role model HSE values and behaviours.
- Perform any other reasonable NIOA Group related responsibilities as per instruction from the Group Human Resources Manager.
As a strategic thinker with a passion for HSE Management you will have the drive and expertise to develop the capability of the organisation and lead a positive HSE culture across the NIOA Group.Qualifications:
Key Requirements Include:
- Tertiary qualifications in HSE Management and demonstrated experience in a similar role is required.
- Internal Auditor qualification desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 14001, and ISO 45001.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of relevant WHS legislation, Codes of Practice and Standards required.
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of safety management plans, procedures and processes.
- As a strategic thinker with a passion for HSE Management you will have the drive and expertise to develop the capability of the organisation and lead a positive HSE culture across the NIOA Group.
- Firearms Licence, or the ability to attain one.
- Driver’s Licence.
- BASELINE/NEGATIVE VETTING 1 security clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
- Interstate and International travel (as required)