Beretta Australia is a leading distributor of some of Australia’s most iconic brands within the firearms and outdoor sporting goods industry. We are looking for a passionate and experienced product manager to join our dynamic team and growing organization based in Melbourne’s southeast.
Representing the oldest firearms manufacturing company in the world, you will be working with highly respected brands and market-leading products in what is one of the most sought after opportunities in the industry.
As a Product Manager, your role will be to develop and execute the product strategy to drive sales, increase profitability and grow market share within an assigned product portfolio. You will be responsible for forecasting, purchasing, inventory management and achieving assigned sales and profit budgets. You will work collaboratively with the sales team on a regular basis, supporting their efforts with implemented sales strategies and technical expertise.
Working alongside the marketing team, there is a great opportunity to demonstrate a broad skillset in order to develop product launch and sales support marketing campaigns in a multitude of channels.
Establishing and growing relationships with suppliers will be key to the success of your product portfolio, as well as the ability to identify product trends and influence suppliers at the product development stage to cater to local market requirements. As the conduit between suppliers and the rest of Beretta Australia, you will need to demonstrate exceptional communication and organizational skills to ensure stakeholders are well informed and tasked to support the portfolio goals.
Previous firearms/outdoor sports experience is strongly preferred.
This position reports directly to the Head of Product Management and works closely with the sales/marketing teams to deliver the desired outcome.
- Define and execute the product roadmap and manage the life cycle of your products.
- Create product and marketing initiatives to support business outcomes on time and within budget.
- As the go-to person for technical support, develop a strong understanding of technical aspects of your product portfolio.
- Ensure appropriate stakeholder communication for product news and technical information.
- Appropriately manage inventory including forecasting, purchasing and effective identification and correction of inadequate inventory mix.
- Work with the company ERP to create purchase orders and inventory codes.
- Review sales reports on a regular basis to ensure your product is tracking or exceeding targets.
- Internal and External Stakeholder management.
- Attend company events as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- High ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Strong sales skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent data entry & reporting skills.
- Sound mathematical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience
- Degree in economics, marketing, communications or related field and/or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience in Product Management.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheeting and calculation tools such as MS Excel.
- Relevant industry experience and/ or knowledge of firearms & hunting will be highly regarded.
- MUST be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
- National Police check and fingerprint registration are required.
- Fully Vaccinated
Why work with us
- Be a part of tradition and history
- Hybrid work
- Progressive culture
- Global brands
- Social committee and events
- Great coffee
- Secure onsite parking
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years experience do you have as a product manager?
Do you have a current firearms licence?
What’s your highest level of education?